Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What keeps me balanced....

One of my cats hanging out outside....













I am seven days into the Compact and feeling good about it. Since having the "tummy flu" it is one of the only things I am feeling good about lately. Other than my wonderful family, friends and love of this planet. When I am sick I get a real reality check, on just how good life is. Since we have been house bound all I want to do is get outside and play with the boys in our yard, a park or the beach, shopping holds no intrest for me. But it will...
It is the hidden things that end up ususally tricking me into buying them. A magazine at the grocery store, "Isn't that a neccesity!?!?" "NO!" Well I almost got one the other day, but passed it up when I remembered the Compact.
I went to the library the other day, needed a new card (got a great one that hangs on my key chain), now when I feel like buying that magazine iwill go look for it at the library and have a few moments to myself and read it.
So much of this all has to do with balance in my life. When I feel balanced I am more; orgainized, at peace, fun to be around, the list could go on and on. Finding that balance is the key for me, something I have been lacking tremendously lately.
Things that help me stay balanced:
Exercise
Time Alone
Time with girlfriends
Days when the boys and I don't go ANYWHERE! And just have fun together.
Dates with my DH T
Meditation/Contemplation/Prayer time
Outside time in my garden, and just outside in general!
Journaling

So there it is, what I can do to stay balanced.... now to just follow it. When MaMa is happy everyone is happy....

No comments: